和風ピクルス Japanese Style Pickles
1 stalk celery
Wine Vinegar 200cc
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 Tbsp salt
2 cm square Konbu Kelp
●2 red chili peppers, dried
1. Salt cucumbers and roll them, pressing lightly on a cutting board.
Rinse with water and cut into 5cm lengths. Cut carrot and celery into
2. Soak vegetables in salted water(1 Tbsp salt to 600cc water) for 2 hours.
3. Heat pickling juice ingredients in a saucepan and bring to boil, removing konbu kelp
just before boiling.
4. Drain and pat dry vegetables, transfer to a pickling jar and add chili peppers.
Fill jar with hot pickling jiuce and seal.
5. When cooled, place in a refrigerator and let stand at least overnight.
The pickles stay fresh for 1 week.